Why Hasn’t Your Business Switched to Cloud Computing?
Posted by Kevin Reynolds on August 7, 2013
Up until now you’ve been hesitant to move your business to the Cloud. Maybe you’ve always been comforted by the constant whirring of a room full of servers, or maybe you just like looking at all that expensive, soon-to-be out of date hardware you’ve acquired. Whatever the case may be, it’s time to recognize Cloud computing as the best and latest technology available to meet your IT hardware and software needs.
Still not sure what is Cloud computing exactly? Well, Cloud computing is the practice of using a network of remote servers to store apps, documents and other data on the Internet rather than on a local server. Listed below are some of the main advantages and benefits that stem from implementing a Cloud based solution in your business.
- Decreased Costs: Instead of paying for the hardware, bandwidth, real estate, power and quality control necessary to maintain your local server, you pay one predictable monthly payment to the service provider.
- Easy Access and Increased Collaboration: Because the Cloud is hosted on the Internet, your employees can access business apps and data anytime and anywhere there is an Internet connection. They can also collaborate more efficiently by working on projects and documents at the same time.
- Increased Innovation: When employees don’t have to manage their own resources they can spend more time on innovating their business products and strategies.
- Scalability: When your business is hosted on the Cloud and your data usage fluctuates with business demands, you can easily scale up or down as needed.
- Always Up To Date: The Cloud’s remote servers have their own teams of technicians that are constantly monitoring and updating your business applications. Taking the time and resources to update the hardware and software is no longer your problem. You always have the latest update whenever you login.
To learn more about Cloud computing and its advantages, checkout this video. What is Cloud Computing?